Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mukherjee's mâ tujhé bulâtî hai sung in Paris

from Prithwin Mukherjee prithwin.mukherjee@gmail.com to "Tusar N. Mohapatra" tusarnmohapatra@gmail.com date 15 Aug 2009 19:13 subject Darshan Day
Bhâi Tusar,

The Ambassador, H.E. Ranjan Mathai had informed me last month about a possibility of programming my patriotic song mâ tujhé bulâtî hai for 15 August ceremony. Yesterday evening my musician friend Bittoo Banger confirmed that he has been invited by the Ambassador to sing it this morning after flag hoisting, janaganamana and the President's message : he had forgotten to intimate me!

It has been a grand success: everybody seems to have caught the spirit behind the composition. I had composed it fifty years ago, as a protest against Chinese aggression, and our Ashram choir had interpreted it ardently. The senior poetesse Vidyavati 'Kokil' was so happy with it that she sent a copy of the words to Sumitranandan Pant-ji. Recently I have worked electronically on the orchestra accompaniment.

Wish you all the best.
Prithwindra

No comments:

Post a Comment