Monday, January 09, 2006

Art contributes to enlightenment and spiritual renewal

Cecilia Suhr's Vision Artist's Vision
A man is a transitional being. -Sri Aurobindo
Most artists are guided by a vision, regardless of whether or not they openly share it with others. Some artists may feel that explicating one's own work defeats the purpose of creation, for creating artwork in and of itself is a means of communication, a silent communication between separate souls. In my artistic endeavors, a handful of authors has influenced and reaffirmed my artistic vision and philosophy of artistry.
However, first and foremost, I owe a large debt to the great composers of the past; in my life, the most prominent are Ravel, Stravinsky, Brahms, Shostakovich, Vivaldi, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Ysaye, Wieniawski, Tchaikovsky, Bruch, Sibelius, Bach, Paganini, Bartok, Schumann, Barber, Bloch, Vieuxetemp, Arensky, Scriabin, Chopin, Saint-Saens, Sarasate, and Accolay.
Through their music, I heard their invisible outcry as it rang out in between each note and pause. More than a mere attempt to create beauty, their music contained messages filled with encouragement and love for the subsequent generations' creators. These new artists' mission is to uplift and refresh the ailing spirit of a society in desperate need of transformation. To be an artist in today's society is, indeed, a difficult task. Nevertheless, countless struggling artists continue to create their works, seeking audiences for their creations and hoping for appreciation. This virtual space is thus a blessing and an outlet for my work. I am comforted by the knowledge that my inner voices will be heard by the few who may stumble upon this site.
My music does not only reflect life itself. In my mind, it builds a transitory bridge between life and the beyond. My hope is that whoever listens to my music will proceed on his or her journey with a richer understanding of the way in which art contributes to enlightenment and spiritual renewal. The end does not exist, and perfection never ceases. Only in the process of "perfecting" can my breath be rejuvenated. Cecilia Suhr Thursday, January 05, 2006
"My hope is that whoever listens to my music will proceed on his or her journey with a richer understanding of the way in which art contributes to enlightenment and spiritual renewal."Very well put. Posted by Mike Barber on Sunday, January 08, 2006 at 2:27 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment